The National Aboriginal Health Organization (NAHO) has created a web site on bullying for Aboriginal youth, parents and teachers.
The site contains the following.
- Three fact sheets: one for youth, one for parents and one for teachers.
- Three lesson plans for middle school teachers to help start discussions on bullying with their students, as well as suggestions on strategies to deal with and prevent it in their schools.
- A PowerPoint presentation on Aboriginal bullying and lateral violence.
- A video message by National Aboriginal Role Model Caitlin Tolley
- A poster that can be displayed in schools and community centres.
- A link to the Stop Aboriginal Bullying Facebook group which contains information about bullying supports and programs, as well as providing members an opportunity to discuss this issue.
The fact sheets were created with the support of Kids Help Phone, who has been a partner throughout the development of the project.