AT ARDEN WE DRESS FOR SUCCESS
**School is a place of learning and our clothing should reflect this.
Use good judgment when choosing your outfits**
1. Clothing must display respect for others
• Any clothing that has inappropriate slogans or promotes the use of products that are illegal in the school setting is not permitted.
• No clothing is permitted that may be considered offensive to others.
• Hat / caps are not to be worn inside of the school
2. Clothing & appearance must not be distracting to others.
• Students should not wear clothing that is revealing or worn in a way where underwear is visible. A general guideline would have the neckline no lower than a short neck chain. Tops must have two shoulder straps and the back must be covered. Shoulder straps should be 5 cm wide. Shirts must cover the shoulders and extend down the arm.
• Midsections should be covered. Clothing that reveals a person’s stomach is not permitted.
• Shorts, skirts and dresses must be of an appropriate length. A general guideline would be no shorter than the tip of the index finger when the student is standing with arms down at their sides.
• Students should not wear make-up / lipstick / eye shadow to school
3. Clothing must promote a healthy and safe environment within the school.
• Footwear must be worn at all times within the school.
• Gym shoes must be able to be tied so they will not come off easily.
• Appropriate gym strip should be worn during gym time, intramurals or team events.