(sent out by email 04.01.19 - no joke :) )
- Baseball Registration is on with the Comox Valley Baseball Association. The 2019 Baseball season is just around the corner! Division Practices begin April 8th, NEW players always welcome! • BlastBall 2014-2015 • T-Ball 2012-2013 • Tadpole 2010-2011 • Mosquito 2008-2009 • Peewee 2006-2007 • Bantam 2005-2004 • Midget 2001-2003 Visit CVBA.CA to find more information or to Register Registrar@cvba.ca
- Lacrosse Registration is on with the Comox Valley Wild (Box Lacrosse). Our K, gr 1 + Gr 2 classes will have a quick intro lesson in the coming weeks or check out their registration page http://www.comoxvalleywild.com/p/registration_1.html
- Mental Health support for families and children. Parents and caregivers in B.C. whose children have anxiety impacting their development and day-to-day happiness at home, school and in the community will soon have access to a new, free intervention program. The program includes access to educational videos and weekly telephone coaching sessions and will be available starting April 29, 2019. Check the link for more information https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2019MMHA0030-000523 - in good timing and alignment with Mental Health Day in May.
- Measles catch up / immunization data collection. FYI, following the recent re-appearance of measles in British Columbia. Principals and Superintendents have been informed that we may need to collect immunization info from students upon registration and even to catch up those already in attendance. For more info http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/bulletin/20190322/measles-catch-up.pdf . Likely, another letter will be available soon with more specific info and details
- District wide mental wellness family challenge is on until the end of April. Be sure to log the many events you do and challenge yourselves to do even more so your family can be eligible to win many fantastic prizes. Copy previously sent in March for log (at end of doc) attached. http://www3.sd71.bc.ca/School/brooklyn/aboutbrooklyn/counsellorscorner/Documents/March%20Counsellors%27%20Corner.pdf
- Parent info session about Head Lice called Lice 911 – 7pm at Mark R Isfeld Multi-purpose room on Thurs., Apr 11 – no need to rsvp – just show up. (DPAC sponsored event)
- Community Bike Swap at Ecole Puntledge Park School on Sun Apr 14 from 12 – 3pm. More info on our school webpage.
- Track and field season will start soon for our gr 4-7 classes. We have planned 6 practices before the jamboree in early May. Be sure to ask your child what they have learned / practiced. All students attend the jamboree and qualifiers only attend the district meet.
- Cross Country running season starts Apr 10. A permission form will come home soon. Cross Country Running is open to runners who can handle a 2k run from gr 2 – 7.
- Hot lunch / salad bar ordering deadline is Tues., Apr 2 for the Spring series. Be sure to complete your order and send payment by Wed morning at latest.
- Parents of gr 4 + 7 students. You will receive an invitation to participate in the student learning survey for the ministry of education. You will be provided with a random password on the slip your child will bring home on Tuesday. There will be a draw for a pizza lunch for student of parents who complete the survey – be sure to return the cut off part so your child will be entered.
- Family dance on Fri., Apr 5 from 5:30 – 7:30. Come join the fun! All of you!! 😊
- Jump Rope for Heart - $3500 fundraised for the Heart & Stroke Foundation – way to go, Brooklyn! Final call for pledge forms to return by Tues., Apr 2 in the morning.
Have a great week!