Mealses Catch-up Program Superintendent and Principal Letter April 3 2019_NI.pdf
A few more messages about the beginning of April:
- We are beginning our planning process for next year. If you are moving or know your child will not be attending Brooklyn in September, please let our office know so we can help you transition to your next school. Gr 7's – we know you are off to Highland so no need to let us know.
- For Earth Week 2019 (April 15 - 26), schools are invited to learn and take action on plastic waste by reducing their use while ensuring single-use plastic bags are properly recycled. The Plastic Bag Grab Challenge is an environmental awareness program that engages schools and students on the 3Rs hierarchy - reduce, reuse, recycle - and can be incorporated into existing curriculums. Brooklyn is participating in Earth Month from today to Apr 30, and hopefully we will embark upon some permanent changes 😊 Please collect from your home, neighbours, friends and send clean, dry plastic shopping / grocery bags to class. We will take our collection to Walmart (sponsor of this event) at the end (May 1) for submission. It is a contest, too, so your support is appreciated!
- Measles letter from Dr. Charmaine Enns attached. Please review FYI if you are someone who may be contacted for catch up.
- Community opportunity - Flag Football (ages 6 – 18) sign up opportunity – The Comox Valley Raider's website is active now. ComoxValleyRaiders.com. The season starts next week on April 10th.
- If there are any Summary of Learning (report card) envelopes that were not signed and returned, please return to your teacher so we can re-stuff with the final summary at year end.
- Dance Celebration is on Apr 17 at 12:45. It will be a smaller event than past years due to the time crunch for many. If your child's class is performing, your teacher will let you know.
- Counsellor's Corner will be posted to our school website by Monday, Apr 8. Be sure to check back then. http://www3.sd71.bc.ca/School/brooklyn/aboutbrooklyn/counsellorscorner/Pages/default.aspx
We hope you enjoy the rest of the first week back!