(sent by email 05.10.19)
Here are some exciting events to consider:
- Science World visiting NIC campus hosting a FREE community science celebration. Sat., May 11 between 10:30am – 4pm 30 min science shows will be featured along with demonstrations, displays and local scientists.
- This week and next week many of our schools are hosting the Moccasin Trek Roadshow sharing the diversity of our Indigenous cultures. As part of their tour of School District 71, the group is offering an exciting showcase of Indigenous song, dance and comedy. Please considering joining us Monday night at the Sid Williams Theatre…admission is by donation! - May 13, 7pm @ Sid Williams Theatre
- Thank you to the parents who supported our Mother's Day sale (organization, contribution…) It was exciting for our children!
- Vancouver Island Crisis presented to gr 5-7 students about where they can get help if feeling stressed about substance use, relationships, big worries, home trouble or self harm thoughts. We have put up posters in the school that advertise the crisis line 1-888-494-3888 (24hours) or crisis chat @ www.vicrisis.ca or crisis text @ 250-800-3806 (6-10pm nightly)
- ERASE (expect respect & a safe education) - https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/erase - updated info and help for those who report. A great chart has been designed to help name problematic behaviours so we can respond appropriately. https://www3.sd71.bc.ca/School/brooklyn/Documents/Studentbehaviourlevels.pdf
- Mental Wellness family challenge was well celebrated by many. Several Brooklyn families were winners of excellent community prizes. Thank you for playing!
- May 20 – Victoria Day holiday – no classes
- PAC meeting – 6:30 on May 21 - Child Care is provided.
- May 27 – 31 – Go By Bike week. Each day will see the front parking lot closed for wacky wheelie fun with a helmet. Thank you for your fantastic support of our parking lot changes so the kids can ride.
Have a great sunny weekend! Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms / grandmas!