Some have been sending questions to PAC so I thought I would provide a central place to find answers. If your question is not answered, please send a note to Principal Erica Black email@example.com so your question can be answered.
A mass email message will be sent to all families during the last week of August to describe "return to school" and what the first couple days will look like. Kindergarten families, you already should have your phase-in schedule (mailed out electronically in July) - if not, please contact Erica. Until then, continue to enjoy your sunny summer :)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) my daughter attending Kindergarten at Brooklyn this past year, is she automatically reregistered for Grade One or do I have to do anything?
- all children who attended Brooklyn last school year, or whom had already registered for this year (and were told their registration was confirmed) will be enrolled in a class for September 2018. Nothing to do on parent's end :)
2) where can I find the school supply lists?
-They were sent home (paper copy) with students in may (for teacher’s file) and a school list too, I believe. I can’t remember if I emailed the list too. Our school website is now updated with current lists under the 4parents tab (school supplies)
3) is Teacher’s File a good way to order or would the Teachers prefer we bought our own?
- Parents choice! Some parents like the convenience of teacher's file. Some see a lot of items at year end to re-use. Totally parents choice. Some teachers will have particular items that they will request when classes start.
4) Do I need to vaccinate for Kindergarten and what records do I need to bring if they are or are not?
- Brooklyn School and SD71 in conjunction with Island Health send out the vaccination reminder to new kindergarten families when they register. It is parents choice to vaccinate or not. Records are not required at the school.
5) does Brooklyn have a bus route?
- No because our catchment area does not warrant a bus (all homes within walking distance)
6) where do I find the catchment information? SD 71 site?
7) How long is the first day of school?
- 3h for Gr 1-7 (8:45-11:45). No k classes on day 1
Again, all Brooklyn families will receive a message from our office to describe the first week and what to bring (and when to bring it). We are really looking forward to school start next month and we hope you and your families continue to enjoy a restful, relaxing and sunny summer holiday.