(sent out by email 02.08.19)
I hope the snow stays off the roads so you can enjoy a fun-filled Winter weekend.
A couple notes from the school:
- Spelling Bee! Congratulations to our 2019 champions!
- 1st – Nolan M
- 2nd – Gareth T
- 3rd – Kolten K
The three boys will represent Brooklyn at the District Bee on Feb 12.
- New Staff at Brooklyn. Please welcome:
- Ms. Sarah Jerczynski – front desk admin assistant on Tues & Thurs. She will be the voice on the phone or the one your child signs in with if arriving late to school. Because of our increased population this year, we were given a bit more time to help Ms. Pisto with her many office jobs.
- Mrs. Krista Wulff – Mrs. Wulff will work with Mrs. Tobacca in div 3. Mrs. Guignard has taken a leave so that is why Mrs. Wulff has joined us.
- Counsellor's Corner -This month Mrs. Ryan addresses a concern that many of our children are experiencing right now – Friendships, hurt feelings and social struggles. Please keep in touch with your teacher if your child is complaining about friendship issues. Your teacher often has a big-picture lens on the role that each child plays. https://www3.sd71.bc.ca/School/brooklyn/aboutbrooklyn/counsellorscorner/Documents/February%20Counsellors%27%20Corner.pdf
- Principal's Office – something new! A few parents were chatting and offered a suggestion to provide information about hitting at school. As with any alarming reports that come home, check with your teacher for more details if you still have questions. https://www3.sd71.bc.ca/School/brooklyn/aboutbrooklyn/officetips/Documents/Principal%27s%20Office%20.%20hitting.pdf
Have a great weekend!