What is a Hockey Skills Program?
• A course specially developed to help the student athletes to excel both athletically and academically
• Students partake in two or three on-ice skill development practices per week, as well as daily off-ice conditioning sessions
• Students receive graduation credits for working on their game, during school hours
Who is it for?
• Male and female students in grades 9 through 12
• Competitive or recreational, beginner or advanced players
• Students focused on individual skill development
• Athletes who want more time on task (skill development)
• Players committed to being the best they can be
• Players striving to obtain college scholarships or play junior hockey
Benefits for student athletes
• Increased opportunity for developing creative skills and confidence in hockey skills
• Over 50 hours of on-ice instruction, 2 or 3 slots per week, during school hours
• Late bloomers, late starters and late-maturing players experience tremendous skill gains
• Students are assessed using standardized Hockey Canada skill tests
• Strength/conditioning training programs are developed for students
• Video analysis of students' skating
• Selected guest speakers and unique off-ice activities enhance learning
Why is it beneficial to be affiliated with a Licensed Hockey Canada Program?
Hockey Canada Skills Academy (HSCA) is a recognized national program with proven skill results that build confidence. The Hockey Canada affiliation helps to standardize the delivery of the hockey experience through HCSA on- and off-ice skill development training curriculum/guide, HCSA on- and off-ice skill development training videos and annual professional development training seminar for instructors.