In order to meet graduation requirements and be awarded a British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma), students must earn a minimum of 80 credits. These must include 52 credits for required courses and a minimum of 28 elective credits.
- Language Arts 10 (4 credits)
- Language Arts 11 (4 credits)
- Language Arts 12 (4 credits)
- Social Studies 10 (4 credits)
- A Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Science 10 (4 credits)
- A Science 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Mathematics 10 (4 credits)
- Mathematics 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Physical and Health Education 10 (4 credits)
- Fine Arts and/or Applied Skills ;10, 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Career Life Education (4 credits)
- Career Life Connections (4 credits) (includes Capstone Project)
Students must complete a minimum of 28 elective credits. These 28 credits may be from Ministry-authorized or Board/Authority Authorized (BAA) courses, post-secondary courses or external credentials, but not Locally Developed courses. Once the credits for required courses have been met, additional courses in that subject area count as elective credits.
A minimum of 16 credits from either ministry or board/authority authorized or post-secondary courses are required at the Grade 12 level.