Welcome to the Highland Secondary Career Centre!
Come and see us in the Student Services area! We can help you with:
- Identifying Career Goals
- Work Experience placements and questions
- Information on Work Experience 12
- Train in Trades (formally Ace-it Accelerated credit enrollment in industry training)
- SSA (Secondary school apprenticeship)
- DC (Dual Credit)
- Help with the “Graduation Transitions” program
Mr. Colin Tinga – Work Experience/Grad Transitions Teacher email@example.com (on exchange trip until Feb 2019)
Mr. Jacques Nijhoff will fill in for Mr. Tinga until his return.
Career and Education Links and Resources:
- Click the highlighted area to get a copy of the Community Consent Form.docx which students from grade 10 – 12 can complete to document their volunteer hours. Once completed these forms can be kept in the Career Centre and added to your resume, used for the community connections for grad transitions and bursary applications.
- Click here to view the Power Point that is shown to Highland students to initiate the discussion of what is available through the Career Centre.
- Click here to go to the SD71 Careers page, with info on district career programs such as ACE-it, Dual Credit options, and career planning.
More good links and resources for career and education planning: