Welcome to the Highland Secondary Career Centre!
Come and see us in the Student Services area! We can help you with:
- Identifying Career Goals
- Work Experience placements and questions
- Information on Work Experience 12
- Ace-it (Accelerated credit enrollment in industry training)/ SSA(Secondary school apprenticeship)/DC(Dual Credit)
- Help with the “Graduation Transitions” program
Career and Education Links and Resources:
- Click the highlighted area to get a copy of the Community Consent Form.docx which students from grade 10 – 12 can complete to document their volunteer hours. Once completed these forms can be kept in the Career Centre and added to your resume, used for the community connections for grad transitions and bursary applications.
- Power Point that is shown to Highland students to initiate the discussion of what is available through the Career Centre. Work Experience Highland.wmv
- Click here to go to the SD71 Careers page, with info on district career programs such as ACE-it, Dual Credit options, and career planning.
- Careercruising.com is another great resource for searching out career options, see any of the staff in the Career Centre for the username and password.
More good links and resources for career and education planning:
- http://www.workbc.ca/docs/WorkBC_ParentGuide.pdf – An informative booklet that guides parents through career counselling for their child.
- www.educationplanner.ca - Guide to thousands of post-secondary programs in BC, including links to colleges and universities, overview of program length, costs, entrance requirements.
- http://ita.essentialskillsgroup.com/ – Skill guide for most of the trades recognized in the province, particularly useful as it provides resources for skill improvement after the assessment quizzes are completed.
- ITABC is the source for trades and apprenticeship information in BC.