Student Transcript Service.pdf
New StudentTranscripts Service (STS) how-to videos are now available for viewing:
Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) Selections for 2019 Graduates
The Ministry of Education distributes transcript information to post-secondary institutions (PSIs) following the selection of a PSI by a student in the StudentTranscripts Service. Distribution occurs through a variety of mechanisms. For PSIs with XML data transfer capabilities*, transcripts will be sent throughout the year. For PSIs on the electronic batch process, interim transcript information will be sent in early May, and final year-end transcript information distributed in late July.
Students can access the StudentTranscripts Service at: www.studenttranscripts.gov.bc.ca/. Students must create a Basic BCeID account to access their information. Students need only complete their PSI selections once in the current school year. Students may add to their selections at any time up through July 12, 2019. Students may make up to 25 selections free of charge within six months after completing their last course. After six months, students will be charged $10 per transcript, payable on the StudentTranscripts Service.
Please encourage your Grade 12 students to review the three how-to videos before they make their PSI selections for this school year. Videos include:
#1 Registering for a BCeID and accessing the StudentTranscripts Service
#2 How to order/send a transcript to a Post–Secondary Institution
#3 How to send a transcript to an employer, yourself or anyone
Distribution of Transcript Information and Deadlines
XML Transcript Information
- Any time: PSI Selection Deadline
- Immediate interim transcript delivery and ability for PSIs* to request updates to interim marks and final marks when required and if authorized by the student
- Transcript information is transmitted throughout the year for students that have selected "Send my transcript now and allow this Post Secondary Institution to request transcript updates until the date specified"
- PSIs will have 12 months to request updated transcripts from the date that the student has authorized the PSI to view
*Currently available for the University of British Columbia (UBC) and Simon Fraser University (SFU); other institutions may join shortly.
Interim Electronic Batch Transcript Information
- May 2, 2019: PSI Selection Deadline for interim marks
- May 6, 2019" Ministry sends interim electronic batch transcript information to participating BC PSIs, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, and by the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC)
- Sent for students that have selected "Send Interim and Final Marks when they become available"
- All other PSIs receive final transcript information at the end of July in paper format only
Final Transcript Information
- July 12, 2019: PSI selection deadline for final transcripts
- Ministry sends final transcript information to all students' selected PSIs in late July 2018. This includes paper transcripts where "Send Final Marks when they become available" has been selected, the electronic batch PSIs and XML